(From Hunger for Knowledge's quiz)
1. Are you named after anyone?
Oh gods, this is embarrassing. I'm named after a high-class hooker from a Catherine Cookson novel, because, according to my mother, the character was "very beautiful" and she wanted me to be, too, I guess. But the Greek goddess of youth was also called Hebe, so I tend to tell people about that one instead.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Um. Yesterday. I tend to get a bit weepy when I'm tired, which is quite a lot.
3. Do you have kids?
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I'm quite reserved, so it takes me a long time to make friends. I suspect that two very quiet people in the same room are not the best at making friends.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Yes. It's fun.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump?
No. I am not a thrill-seeker. At all.
7. What’s your favorite cereal?
I'm not a big eater of cereal, but when I do eat it, I quite like bran flakes. (Boring, I know.)
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Politeness. Kindness. Willingness to engage.
9. What is your eye colour?
10. Scary movie or happy endings?
I don't like scary movies, so happy endings it is. Not too happy, though.
11. Favorite smells?
New books. Also cake.
12. Summer or winter?
Summer: blue skies, gentle breeze, and a book. Perfection.
13. Computer or television?
Computer. Because the Internet is wide and fascinating and contains all things.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
New York (I live in England).
15. Do you have any special talents?
Organising. I get fed up when my friends can't decide what time to go see a film or where to eat dinner, so I look up stuff and badger people until a consensus is reached.
16. Where were you born?
Poole, Dorset, England.
17. What are your hobbies?
Reading and book blogging. As you can see, I have an interesting and varied life. I also enjoy sailing when I get the chance, which is not often.
18. Do you have any pets?
I have a rescue cat named Minerva, and my family has two rescue dogs, Cookie and Blaze.
19. Favorite movie?
20. Do you have any siblings?
One younger sister.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A writer. Or a librarian. Or an academic. Or all three. Who knows?